Monday, June 09, 2008

DUI's



I was eating dinner and noticed someone get pulled over outside my window. I have a obsession with watching people get pulled over (The exception is when I'm driving...lest I get pulled over) So when I'm NOT driving, I love watching things go down with police officers and the lawbreaker(s).

In this case, i watched a few things go down, but the highlights were watching him get pulled over, the police officer shine his light in his eyes and resume to pulling him out of the car and showing him where to walk the line. This man that was very drunk ended up looking like he was balancing from a high beam while walking the line... it was almost as if he thought he would die if he didn't walk straight... which in turn made him look like he was a human windmill. When he got the the end of the line, he flung himself around as fast as he could to walk the other way. He ended up swaying quite a bit and not being able to keep his balance... This man was drunk and he was caught driving!
I am so happy that I was able to snap a few shots from my window of this man getting walked to his vehicle.
DUI's are serious issues, thousands of innocent people are killed everyear by drunk drivers.
Good work LBPD for catching yet another drunk on our roads.

Be careful out there, if you have a good night out on the town, had a few drinks and are heading somewhere else, call a cab, a friend or ride a bus. Don't drive after you've drank! Designated drivers are key! (so don't by them drinks)

Heres a few more pictures.



In 2006, an estimated 17,602 people died in alcohol-related traffic crashes—an average of one every 30 minutes. These deaths constitute 41 percent of the 42,642 total traffic fatalities. Of these, an estimated 13,470 involved a driver with an illegal BAC (.08 or greater). On average someone is killed by a drunk driver every 39 minutes.
-MADD



Drunk Driving can be stopped

No comments: