Tuesday, July 01, 2008

CA. Cell phone Law update.


I don't want any of my readers getting ticketed for not being in the know.
So heres the updated info

STARTING TODAY!!!

The use of handheld telephones while driving is strictly prohibited and enforced with a zero-tolerance policy. Motorists over the age of 18 are permitted to use hands-free headsets.

No driver under the age of 18 is allowed to use phones in any capacity behind the wheel. Even using a hands-free headset is punishable.

-LBpost.com


Some questions I found useful:

Q: Will I receive a point on my drivers license if I�m convicted for a violation of the wireless telephone law?

A: NO. The violation is a reportable offense: however, DMV will not assign a violation point.

Q: What are the fines if I'm convicted?

A: The base fine for the FIRST offense is $20 and $50 for subsequent convictions. According to the Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedule, with the addition of penalty assessments, a first offense is $76 and a second offense is $190.

Q: Can I be pulled over by a law enforcement officer for using my handheld wireless telephone?

A: YES. A law enforcement officer can pull you over just for this infraction.

Q: What if I need to use my telephone during an emergency, and I do not have a hands- free device?

A: The law allows a driver to use a wireless telephone to make emergency calls to a law enforcement agency, a medical provider, the fire department, or other emergency services agency.

18 and under:

Q: If I have my parent(s) or someone age 25 years or older in the car with me, may I use my wireless telephone while driving?

A: NO. You may only use your wireless telephone in an emergency situation.


More info HERE


Things that aren't illegal while driving:
Changing clothes
Reading a book
Writing a letter
Sun bathing
Knitting
practicing your yo-yo skills.
These are all things you can pick up if you miss the danger of mixing cell-phones and driving.



Maybe keep your bluetooth in the car.
You don't want this happening to you.


No comments: