Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Artist of the Month


Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band
link
They're awesome.
I saw their first show while I was in Seattle and let me tell you something... it was like no other first show you've been too. It was more like a last show. Hype up to their ears. Enough good music to make Mt. St. Helens erupt again... or maybe to start another...errr... ok uncalled for, good-call Samuel.
My point being:
Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band is smokin good and their only going to get better.
Go checkout their newest EP. "We'll be recording our Album in about 2 weeks" said Benjamin the lead vocalist and guitar player. He mentioned over a plate of thai food that he was giving Marshall the bands extremely talented 13 year old drummer a little break from their once a day for an hour drum practice.
Marshal and Benjamin's story is nearly as remarkable as their music... marshal was adopted by Benjamin's family at the age of 1 and a half. About 4 years ago Benjamin took him under his wing and became a father figure to him, being a part time brother part time father. Traci, Benjamin's young wife who is also in the band plays an intricate part in both of their lives...
I'm proud to know them and more proud to watch them rock. I took some photos of them doin there thing... I'll drop some shots on here when I can.

For now... check out their MUSIC! and the hyped up youtube videos with fantastic use of green screens and humor as dry as the air in Denver.



Cheers!








OH and guess what else! They're third show ever will be played with "The Walkmen" BAM!
&&&& Signing with Arcade Fire's record label?
+ The best drummer I've seen in a longtime. he's only 13?? ShushYourMouth!
I'm not even going to describe their music. Just go to their myspace already!

BONUS:
One of their videos.



Want more?? CLICK

No comments: