Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Feed the Homeless


First thing on my agenda (for The Giving Project) is to get outside and put some food in some hungry bellies.
Wanna help me?
I would love to get around 20 people to help me hand out 200 lunches, as well as connect with Homeless people in our community and help them find a part time shelter to get them educated and off of the streets, eventually ending in Jobs and changed lives.

So Heres the plan!

This Sunday may 4th, I'm putting together a "Feed the Homeless" project in Long Beach CA.
Meet at Bixby Park (Ocean Blvd and Cherry)

View Larger Map
We will be creating sack lunches starting at 10am and then handing them out at 12Noon.
Please let me know if you can join me in making lunches or just distributing them.
Bring your bike if you can, we will be walking (and riding) around downtown long beach in search for hungry mouths to feed.

I've done this 3 other times and its always a success! (Click to see the 2nd and 3rd)

I would love for you to join me and my crew in serving the community of Long Beach.
I can't wait!


DETAILS:

Who:Anyone that wants to help!
When: Sunday May 4th. 10am (prep) 12pm (giving)
Where: Bixby Park Long Beach (see map above)
Why: To build a stronger community, to love our neighbor as ourselves and to make new friends.
What: Feeding Homeless (see statement above)
How: Made possible by donation from Justin Rudd's non-profit CAT (Community Action Team)
See previous post for more info on funding.

Can't wait to help the community alongside you all!

Contact me on here if you have ANY questions!

Thanks everyone!

-Samuel Lippke

No comments: